European Jews for a Just Peace (EJJP) is a federation of 12 European Jewish peace groups campaigning in 9 countries throughout Europe against the occupation of the Palestinian Territories by Israel, and against all forms of racism, antisemitism and Islamophobia domestically. EJJP further engages in debates within Jewish communities across Europe on the Israeli Palestinian conflict, and advocates extensively on the European level on issues of Palestinian rights, the Israeli occupation, and on the distinction between freedom of speech on Israel and antisemitism. EJJP was founded in 2002 out of concern for Israelis, Palestinians, and the Jewish communities in Europe.
- To end the illegal Israeli occupation of the occupied Palestinian Territories, with the West Bank and East Jerusalem being directly occupied and the Gaza Strip being indirectly occupied, and for a recognition of the June 4th 1967 borders (the Green Line).
- complete withdrawal of all Jewish settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
- Protecting the space for criticism of Israel by distinguishing between criticism of Israel and antisemitic statements in a rational manner. This has necessarily concerned arguing against the misuse of the IHRA document (“non-legally binding working definition of antisemitism”) as a presumptive definition of what is an antisemitic statement, rather than using it as it was designed, i.e. as a tool for systematically gathering data on statements that might be antisemitic.
- To permit antisemitism to be identified effectively by simple, direct criteria.
- To emphasise the importance of combating all forms of racism on an equal basis, which is compromised by the attempt to elevate the IHRA document to a special status.
- the recognition of theright of both states to have Jerusalem as their capital.
- the recognition by Israel of its responsibility for the creation of the Palestinian refugee problem. Israel should acknowledge the Palestinian right of return as a human right. The practical solution to the problem will come about by agreement between the parties based on just, fair and practical considerations. We see an important role for the international community, especially Europe, to give political and financial support for this solution.
European Jews for a Just Peace sees an active role for the European Union in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. We call upon the Israeli government to change its current policies and implement the proposals as stated above, and we call upon all other governments – foremost the governments of the European Union – to put pressure on the Israeli government to implement these proposals.
European Jews for a Just Peace additionally strives to:
- show support for the peace camps in Israel and Palestine;
- engage into debates within Jewish communities across Europe on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict;
- facilitate meetings in Europe between Israelis and Palestinians;
- present the voice of the other Israel, the Israel of peace groups and human rights groups, in Europe.
Union des Progressistes Juifs de Belgique
Union of Progressive Jews in Belgium
Een Andere Joodse Stem
Another Jewish Voice
Europeiske Jøder for en Rettferdig Fred
European Jews for a Just Peace
Union Juive Française pour la Paix Jewish
French Union for Peace
Jüdische Stimme für gerechten Frieden in Nahost
Jewish Voice for Just Peace in the Near East
Rete degli Ebrei contro l’Occupazione
Network of Jews against Occupation
Een Ander Joods Geluid
A Different Jewish Voice
Judar för Israelisk-Palestinsk Fred
Jews for Israeli-Palestinian Peace
Jüdische Stimme für Demokratie und Gerechtigkeit in Israel/Palästina jvjp
Jewish Voice for Democracy and Justice in Israel & Palestine
Jews for Justice for Palestinians
Jewish Socialists Group