European Jews for a Just Peace (EJJP) is a federation of 12 European Jewish peace groups campaigning in 9 countries throughout Europe against the occupation of the Palestinian Territories by Israel, and against all forms of racism, antisemitism and Islamophobia domestically. EJJP further engages in debates within Jewish communities across Europe on the Israeli Palestinian conflict, and advocates extensively on the European level on issues of Palestinian rights, the Israeli occupation, and on the distinction between freedom of speech on Israel and antisemitism. EJJP was founded in 2002 out of concern for Israelis, Palestinians, and the Jewish communities in Europe.
Member groups’ activities
This page provides examples of our member groups’ work. There are campaigns, articles and letters, presenting the diversity of their work.
Our latest updates:
- EJJP lobbies the big social media companies not to adopt the IHRA Working Definition of Antisemitism.The big American group, Jewish Voice for Peace, has been lobbying the social media companies, particularly Facebook for a year or more, with some success. It recently asked for European support, which EJJP was glad to to give. We lobbied Meta (Fcebook and Instagram) Google (YouTube) and Tik… Read More »EJJP lobbies the big social media companies not to adopt the IHRA Working Definition of Antisemitism.
- EJJP supports Barcelona Mayor Ada Colau against attacks23 February 2023 As a network of Jewish NGOs in Europe, we are acutely aware of the threat of antisemitism and its continued existence in society in a variety of forms. However, these forms do not include solidarity with the Palestinian people, who have been suffering displacement and… Read More »EJJP supports Barcelona Mayor Ada Colau against attacks
- European Jews for a Just Peace supports the Mayor of BarcelonaEuropean Jews for a Just Peace supports the principled decision of Ada Colau, Mayor of Barcelona, to suspend Barcelona’s institutional ties with Israeli institutions – including its twinning agreement with Tel Aviv – until the government of Israel respects Palestinian rights. Israel’s denial of Palestinian rights is so… Read More »European Jews for a Just Peace supports the Mayor of Barcelona
- EJJP lobbies EU High Representative on his statement regarding the IHRA WD and protecting Israel from allegations of apartheid31 January 2023 To the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission Dear Dr. Borrell, re: your answer to MEPs questions regarding the International Holocaust Alliance Working Definition of Antisemitism and apartheid related to Israel European Jews for… Read More »EJJP lobbies EU High Representative on his statement regarding the IHRA WD and protecting Israel from allegations of apartheid
- EJJP open letter to EU High Representative, Josep Borrell: Discussing Apartheid in Israel is not AntisemiticAn open letter to the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission We, European Jews for a Just Peace, profoundly disagree with your recent suggestion that using the term apartheid in connection to Israel is antisemitic. In your… Read More »EJJP open letter to EU High Representative, Josep Borrell: Discussing Apartheid in Israel is not Antisemitic
EJJP has been engaged in challenging Israel to comply with international law, as well as protecting the space for debate about Israel, including through challenging the IHRA Working Definition of Antisemitism.
Our Member Organizations
Union des Progressistes Juifs de Belgique
Union of Progressive Jews in Belgium
Een Andere Joodse Stem
Another Jewish Voice
Europeiske Jøder for en Rettferdig Fred
European Jews for a Just Peace
Union Juive Française pour la Paix Jewish
French Union for Peace
Jüdische Stimme für gerechten Frieden in Nahost
Jewish Voice for Just Peace in the Near East
Rete degli Ebrei contro l’Occupazione
Network of Jews against Occupation
Een Ander Joods Geluid
A Different Jewish Voice
Judar för Israelisk-Palestinsk Fred
Jews for Israeli-Palestinian Peace
Jüdische Stimme für Demokratie und Gerechtigkeit in Israel/Palästina
Jewish Voice for a Just Peace between Israel & Palestine
Jews for Justice for Palestinians
Jewish Socialists Group
Public Statement by Jewish European Organizations on the Definition and Elimination of Anti-Semitism
As Jewish European organizations committed to the elimination of anti-Semitism, xenophobia, Islamophobia and all other forms of racism, we ask the European institutions, including the European Commission, the Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA), and members of the European Parliament, to shun attempts by the Israeli government to use false allegation of anti-Semitism to limit and criminalize work by civil society organizations, including those of diverse Jewish communities of Europe, to pursue peace and justice in Israel/Palestine.