European Jews for a Just Peace (EJJP) is a federation of 12 European Jewish peace groups campaigning in 9 countries throughout Europe against the occupation of the Palestinian Territories by Israel, and against all forms of racism, antisemitism and Islamophobia domestically. EJJP further engages in debates within Jewish communities across Europe on the Israeli Palestinian conflict, and advocates extensively on the European level on issues of Palestinian rights, the Israeli occupation, and on the distinction between freedom of speech on Israel and antisemitism. EJJP was founded in 2002 out of concern for Israelis, Palestinians, and the Jewish communities in Europe.
Member groups’ activities
This page provides examples of our member groups’ work. There are campaigns, articles and letters, presenting the diversity of their work.
Our latest updates:
- EJJP lobbies the EU High Representative about GazaOn 11 November 2023, EJJP lobbied Dr. Josep Borrell, the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, to demand a ceasefire in order to protect the Palestinians in Gaza from further major harm. EJJP also asked him to urge the United States to change its policy… Read More »EJJP lobbies the EU High Representative about Gaza
- EJJP Op Ed in EUobserverDror Fieler and Arthur Goodman wrote an op ed about the despicable Hamas attacks on Israeli civilians and the equally despicable Israeli reprisals against the Palestinians in Gaza. Dror Feiler, Chair, EJJP; Judar för Israelisk-Palestinsk Fred, Stockholm Arthur Goodman, Executive member, EJJP; Parliamentary and Diplomatic Liaison Officer, Jews… Read More »EJJP Op Ed in EUobserver
- One war crime does not justify another.We, European Jews for a Just Peace (EJJP), have no words strong enough to express our shock and pain after Hamas’ horrific attack of October 7 in Israel. This terrible massacre is a war crime and a crime against humanity. Slaughtering hundreds of unarmed and defenseless civilians –… Read More »One war crime does not justify another.
- EJJP lobbies the UN against adopting the IHRA WDOn 13 October, EJJP lobbied Miguel Moratinos, Deputy Director General of the United Nations, against adoption of the IHRA Working Definition of Antisemitism. The United Nations has been considering promulgating an Action Plan against antisemitism for some two years. It has been under considerable pressure to include the… Read More »EJJP lobbies the UN against adopting the IHRA WD
- EJJP meets Katharina Von Schnurbein, the European Commission’s Coordinator on combating antisemitism and fostering Jewish lifeA delegation of the European Jews for a Just Peace (EJJP) met the European Commission’s Coordinator on combating antisemitism and fostering Jewish life, Katharina Von Schnurbein, on the 6th of June 2023 in Brussels. The EJJP delegation was composed of Mr. Dror Feiler, EJJP chair and president of… Read More »EJJP meets Katharina Von Schnurbein, the European Commission’s Coordinator on combating antisemitism and fostering Jewish life
EJJP has been engaged in challenging Israel to comply with international law, as well as protecting the space for debate about Israel, including through challenging the IHRA Working Definition of Antisemitism.
Public Statement by Jewish European Organizations on the Definition and Elimination of Anti-Semitism
As Jewish European organizations committed to the elimination of anti-Semitism, xenophobia, Islamophobia and all other forms of racism, we ask the European institutions, including the European Commission, the Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA), and members of the European Parliament, to shun attempts by the Israeli government to use false allegation of anti-Semitism to limit and criminalize work by civil society organizations, including those of diverse Jewish communities of Europe, to pursue peace and justice in Israel/Palestine.